I removed the blue screen background using Adobe Photoshop.
In order to do this I used the polygonal lasso tool to cut an outline around
the person and then I used a smart radius tool to fix the edges and decontaminate
the colors. However, I also had to
manually remove the blue background in some parts of the picture with the
eraser tool as the smart radius did not work on closed spaces such as the gap
between the models body and arm. After I
removed the background I added a quick color correction filter in order to highlight
certain features.
In the photo the model is leaning to the left slightly and this would make it awkward to have text on that side as there would not much space on the front cover. I wanted to have text on the left as that is a typical magazine convention due to people reading text from left to right. For this reason I decided to reflect the image. So that it would be easier to work with on Indesign.
Original Image
Photo shopped version 1
Reflected Version


No comments:
Post a Comment