Monday, 14 December 2015

Contents Page Development and Final Design

 

In this post I have posted a series of image showing how my contents page progressed through its different incarnation.
 

Development 1
 
This screenshot shows how my magazine started out. I tried to import most of the images in order to experiment with the space and layout.  I also used the same logo form my front cover in order to keep it consistent.
 


Development 2
 
In this version I started to add text in order to see if the layout was going to work. I left a lot of space at the bottom to place the second cut out image, but as I was developing the idea I started to realized that I needed to make changes in order to fill out the space.


 

 Development 3
 
This screenshot shows the most radical development. I moved the preview page picture to the bottom and added the second cut out model image. In order to make it look more symmetrical I reflected the first image. In order to conceal the reflected logos I added image page numbers onto the image in order to obscure the reflected text. I also added the shockwave logo to the bottom of the page.
 
 
Finished version
 
For the final version I added lines to the contents page table and features in order to make the page appear more structured. I was concerned that the page number boxes looked to big so I reduced the size of them. I also changed the font in order to make it fit these new boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment