Saturday, 12 December 2015

Contents Page Planning

I spent a lot of time planning the contents page because it is a critical part of the magazine as links everything together. All of the artists and articles that I mentioned on the cover needed to be included in the table of contents. I drafted the table in Microsoft word in order to ensure that I did not miss anything off. I posted a picture of this below. Furthermore, I went back to my double page spread and noted down the page number that I used. I did this in order to keep continuity as I wanted my magazine to look as professional as possible.





I created a rough draft flat plan of my contents page on Microsoft PowerPoint. When creating the flat plan I was inspired by the layout of this Q magazine contents page. I wanted to try and emulate their layout as I liked how they have used rectangles to separate the contents table as I believe it looks really effective. When I make my contents page I will apply a green color scheme to keep it consistent with the rest of the magazine.

                   Q Magazine                                                                Rough flat



No comments:

Post a Comment