Thursday, 5 November 2015

Photoshoot: Equipment List and Health and Safety



Before I started the photo-shoot I wrote a list of all the equipment that I would need to carry out this task. I typed this up on Microsoft Word and I have embedded it below.

 
When planning my music magazine photo-shoot I had to take many different risks into account. I had to be very careful with the industrial lighting equipment because the bulbs built up a lot of temperature very quickly.  I had to be careful when positing the lights and the model to ensure that they were not blinded by the really bright light given off by the bulb. The support legs on the lamps were also very small so we were careful not to navigate near them after they were set up in order to reduce the risk of them being knocked over.  
 
 This is an photo of me attaching the trip pod square base to the camera while the photo-shoot is being set up


I checked the camera numerous times to ensure that it was safely secured to the tripod. This was to ensure that it wouldn’t fall on the floor as I didn’t want to damage the equipment or for it to land on the feet of anybody who was unlucky enough to be standing nearby. When I used the camera for handheld shots I also ensured that I was wearing the neck strap when taking the photos as this acted as a safety net in the event that I dropped it(which fortunately did not happen during the shoot).
Jonas can be seen here in the background modelling a pair of 3D glasses for my double page  spread while I focus the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment