I created a contact sheet on Adobe Photoshop with all of the photos that I took during the photo-shoot. I then selected three of the best photos which I will edit on Adobe Photoshop and use for my double page spread.
I like this photo because the focus is very clear and clean. In terms of composition the model is angled to the right of this medium close up shot and he is looking directly at the camera. I think this photo would be suitable for a double page spread as it almost looks like he is starring at the reader of the magazine. The pose is also interesting as the finger tips on the edge of the 3D glasses are a nice subtle gesture that adds a bit of action to the image. In terms of space there is plenty of room on the left and right for me to cut him out of the background in Adobe Photoshop. The top of the image is a bit marginal but it should be fine if I'm careful when positioning the picture on the page.
This image has an interesting dynamic due to the model kneeling down on one leg. I had another image taken from the same angle put I preferred this version because you can see the models eyes peering over the frames of the glasses. This give the image a personal touch as in the other image all you can see is the blue and red filters. There is a clear line that differentiates his outline from the blue screen behind so it should be easy to remove the background without much residue. However, I might need to work on the color contrast in Adobe Photoshop as the positioning of the light has caused parts of his blonde hair to turn white.
I picked this medium shot as it offers a view from a distance as we more of his body is visible tan in the two photos. There is a lot of space around the person which would make it pretty easy for me to cut him out. This gives the image a lot of versatility and it could easily feature on my contents page if I don't use it in my double page spread.

No comments:
Post a Comment