Right from the start of this project I tried to reach out to my target audience of people within the 16-25 age group. One of my first tasks was to create a moodboard as I wanted to find a way to explain the magazines concept in a simple form. I printed out this moodboard and showed it to a few people who fitted within the target audience in order to conduct some audience research. My target audience played a huge part in shaping the design of my magazine. For example they helped to suggest the name Shockwave form a list of ideas that I had included. I then used their responses to create an audience profile in order to tailor the magazine towards their specific needs. I have posted an image of my moodboard below.
While working on my magazine pages I also got my work peer reviewed by Jonas who is in my media class. Jonas fits within the target age group of the audience and he knows about media conventions so his insight was really useful. Below I have posted a few of the comments that Jonas typed up on Microsoft word.
In an earlier post I also documented some audience feedback that I gained from a survey that I constructed on the website Survey Monkey. I created this survey after I had completed some finished drafts of my final designs and asked a few people to fill it. On this previous post here you can see my full in depth analysis of the results, but for this evaluation I will summarize some of my key findings that relate to this particular question. The survey covered my front cover, contents page and double page spread and for each page I had 4 questions for people to answer. In order to get in depth feedback I used a variety of question formats such as multiple choice as well as written response boxes. A lot of people agreed that the magazine looked like a pop magazine so I believe I was able to generate the right look for the overall design. I have posted a screenshot for the results of that question below. However, a lot of people thought the background looked a bit bland so I decided that I needed to fill out the pages a bit more. I took on-board this feedback and I decided to add a few more conventions such as captions and extra images.



No comments:
Post a Comment